Please review our Reservations, Cancellation and Diving Policies prior to booking your dives. If you have any questions regarding anything stated, please feel free to contact us. We’ll be happy to go over any of your questions or concerns.
To make a reservation, please complete the Reservation Form on our web site. Your request will be sent to our US-based Reservations Office. You will hear back from our Reservations Office within 48 hours. Once we’ve confirmed that your requested dates are available, we will need the following to complete your booking:
- Non-refundable deposit equal to one day’s diving per person, plus 10% tax. Deposit and tax is payable in US funds
- Contact information for each diver – pre-trip and in Cozumel
- Completed release forms for each diver
Pricing & Payment
- All pricing is in US dollars
- Prices do not include gratuities
- Deposit payment details will be provided by the reservations office
- Balance of payment for diving is due on your last dive day
- Balance of payment is assessed in US dollars and payment is accepted in:
- US dollars
- US currency traveler’s cheques
- Pesos equivalent to the US dollar total balance due
- VISA and MasterCard are accepted
- All divers must show proof of SCUBA diving certification (“c-card”) from a recognized certifying agency
- Living Underwater strongly recommends that all divers, snorkelers, and other water sports participants have SCUBA diving accident insurance, such as Diveassure (www.diveassure.com) or DAN insurance (www.diversalertnetwork.org)
- All divers must complete and return the required Living Underwater Liability Release, Medical Statement and Standard Safe Diving Practices agreement prior to arrival in Cozumel. While diving within the Cozumel Reefs National Marine Park boundaries, divers must adhere to park rules. Park rules will be reviewed by your divemaster. Divers who intentionally disregard Marine Park rules and/or Living Underwater’s Standard Safe Diving Practices, can have their diving privileges revoked with Living Underwater and also risk being banned from the Marine Park
Cancellation by the diver(s) 30 or more days prior to the first dive day
All deposits, including tax, are non-refundable. If we are able to book divers to take the place of the cancellations then a refund will be issued, less the tax and a 5% handling fee.
Cancellation by the diver(s) 14 to 29 days prior to the first dive day
All deposits, including tax, are non-refundable. If we are able to book divers to take the place of the cancellations then a 50% refund will be issued, less the tax and a 5% handling fee.
Cancellation by the divers(s) less then 14 days prior to the first dive day
All deposits, including tax, are non-refundable. Your deposit can be retained if you rebook diving with Living Underwater and the first dive day of the new booking takes place within 90 days of your cancellation.
Cancellation by the divers(s) after arrival in Cozumel
All deposits, including tax, are non-refundable. Cancellation for individual days must be made with a minimum of 24 hrs notice. Cancellations with less then 24 hrs notice will be charged for the canceled day at the full rate.
Cancellation by Living Underwater prior to your arrival in Cozumel
Full refund will be issued. Living Underwater will make every effort to accommodate canceled divers with a comparable dive operator.
Cancellation by Living Underwater due to weather
No charges will be applied for canceled days due to weather. Occurs when the harbor master closes diving to small boatsIf the harbor is open to large boats we will assist divers to secure a spot with another operator.